16.6.09

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back

I fixed what needed to be fixed on 'Purple Heart', and I still think it holds up well, though my writing style has changed a bit in the year or so since I wrote it. I tried to submit it to 'Glimmer Train' and was disappointed that I forgot about their submissions policy. Essentially, they're just submitting for two contests right now. They won't be doing general submissions until July. So it's a waiting game.

The other thing... I was gathering materials last night to start working on the new scenes of Vanheim, and, yeah, I found a whole chapter in the back pocket of pants I had just washed. It was completely ruined. So it hurt a little, but the good thing was it was the only non-original chapter in the whole book, actually being a mythological story. And at this moment I've almost written two chapters today (remember, they're teensy weensy). So things are looking up. That was the first time I've ever lost anything like that, and it did make me sad. But I'm over it! Hah.

No comments:

Post a Comment