19.6.09

WIP Status Report

Another day, another rejection (that makes four so far), and I'm still feeling pretty good. The
new scenes are going well. I have six written, out of eleven, and four actually typed. The first chapter has been completely changed, and some other ones are on the schedule for getting changed. The fourth draft is going to be one hell of an interesting thing. I'm focusing on making the prose leaner, tighter, stronger, and not shying away from making the plot as nutso as I need it to be as long as it helps the overall effort. All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about the novel.

Now, on another note- I'm going to be recording fifty songs with my cousin very soon. It'll be me and an acoustic, like the old days, and I aim to have them be the last songs I record. I'm retiring from solo musical endeavors. They just make me too sad anymore. There's no joy in Mudville. Not when it comes to playing music by myself. Devonshire, however, Devonshire still kicks my ass. I just came up with a new tune last night, and I think it's the catchiest, grindiest one we have so far.

That about does it for developments as of 6.19.09

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you really seem like an optimistic person. Like, you are just generally happy. Not even rejection can get you down.
    Ha, I wish I were more like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I was more like you!!!! haha. I think the rejections aren't getting me down because I know that the draft I sent out isn't quite up to snuff, and I'm not expecting much.

    how are you, dear?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm decent. Can't complain much. (Yes, I know. I am very vague.)
    How are you?

    ReplyDelete