23.6.09

On the Cusp of the World

Today I received a fifth rejection, but this was a good one. For starters, I sent it to one person at an agency, and it came back from another one. And it was in the third person. They said they read it, they considered it, then decided that it wasn't the right fit for them. So, this leads me to believe that it's a possibility- however slight- that the first person gave it to the second one to read saying, "what do you think about this?" and the second person said, "I don't think so."

Which to me is gold. Because, BECAUSE- I don't expect any of the agents I sent this thing to to accept it. I don't think what I submitted was good enough as it was. The only way anyone is going to give it a chance is if they see the potential in it. Which is a long shot. So if two out of five have at least considered it and not sent me just the standard rejection back, I feel I'm on the right track. So the fourth draft is going to make the manuscript kick so much ass.

I'm not getting down with these rejections because I believe in the concept. I'm not stupidly unrealistic about it. I know the novel has flaws, but I also think I know how to fix those flaws and make the truth of the work shine through more.

Speaking of the fourth draft and making changes, I am very very close to finishing the new scenes. As of this moment, I have two left, out of eleven original new scenes. I plan on going to do them right now. I'm at the hotel at the moment, where I find it's easiest to work. I'm going to go up to the third floor, lock myself in the Legacy Room, and write until the damn thing is finished. And then I'm going to laugh and say "Tuesday Nights, once again you have proven how much you love me!"

I might have just got carried away there.

Off to write. Ta-ta.

No comments:

Post a Comment