13.7.09

Weekend Battles

Yeah, well, I guess I'm not that disciplined. For some reason I had a hard time getting into working on the new WIP. I finished updating the first chapter, and nothing else. I think I'm having a hard time getting into the book because I don't quite know how to start. My normal method is to work long hand first, but I don't think that's going to work this time because most of the elements of the second chapter are there already. It makes a lot more sense to just write out the parts of the second chapter that I need to write on my computer, because I can integrate both of them that way. Which I guess is what I'm dreading. I'll figure something out.

Meanwhile, I wrote a new poem, and started a new story, so those are both pluses. The poem can be found at www.writerscafe.org and I like it. It's a bit of a departure from my usual style, more conversational and less overtly poetic. I also started thinking about my different philosophies of poetry and fiction, and I'll be talking about them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment