14.7.09

Take That, Writer's Block

So I beat it. I smacked it around and talked trash to it a little, first. Talkin' about my writer's block, here.

I got the answer in a dream. After trying to work on the new novel yesterday and only getting three paragraphs done (two dialogue ones, so very short), I went to bed. I woke up, and knew what I had to do. I'd take the writing I'd done on the computer, write it down in a notebook, and go to the cafe where I write sometimes. It worked. I didn't have all the thoughts about having to integrate different parts of the previous second chapter. I just wrote.

Six pages later, the chapter is almost done. I'm going to finish it up here at the Inn, and then type it up, and that should be most of the tough stuff involved in revamping 'Faeriemerica'.

Oh well. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment